chris willett

Monday, July 31, 2006

IMPORTANT

If you hadn't worked out by now I am running seriously behind keeping this Blog monster fed and have been working in Borneo for the past 7 weeks while trying and mostly failing to write up my notes from Israel. Meanwhile a war has been raging on the very ground which I described in the North of the country. Obvioulsy I am safe (about as safe as being 18,000 miles away will get you) but it does make my travels extra poignant for me.

I am amazed at how quickly things can turn bad and saddened by the fact that while I was there I got the feeling that things were on the mend, that Palestinians would recognise Israel and be rewarded with the independent state of Palestine but things have now regressed to pre Oslo agreement times reminiscant of the 70's- perhaps I am naive.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya chris.....i have just spent the last 2 hours catching up on your remarkable experience in israel. lots of the same places i have travelled through. as always really loved reading your point of view. i almost pissed myself a few times! you are still as sharp as always. glad to hear dan is still following the modified atkins diet. with loads of caffeine in between. would be great to hear from you again. ana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home