chris willett

Monday, November 14, 2005

The Big Day Off

After the aquarium Sandra and I headed home- she was already feeling the effects of saying "I don't mind when we eat" which I took to mean that she didn't mind when she ate. Of course it meant "I need to eat now" and I, being the thoughtless bastard I am postponed the event causing her to lose all interest in life. She bucked up when we met Canadian nurse Ana in the hostel and they found that they were both born in the same area of Portugal- like you do. After a quick conversation in fluent Portugeser we all adjourned for a curry, the second since arriving in Durban the day before.
Sadly Sandra left early the next morning for the East Coast and the World was a darker place. This was especially annoying because, with Ana on a township tour I was left to my own devices and planned to take it easy- well easier. After a bit of laundry (taking the bag to the laundry) I planned to catch a bus the few short miles to the Cricket stadium where SA were playing NZ. I worked out how to get there, the best gates to use and all that and was just about to set off when the reason for the darkness became clear. Bolts of lightning and claps of thunder heralded the abandonment of the match so in flickering light I was left with nothing much to do but read a bit of Wilbur and think about what sort of curry to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home