chris willett

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Chammmmonnnnnnnnnn

Arrived Sat to a hotel over looking the sun kissed lawns of the Brevent nursery slopes. The weather was fantastic as we 20 rookie resort managers sat in the dining room which is now, for about 9 hours a day (no including breaks and lunch) our classroom. Fantastic that is until the sun comes round at about 11 am and hits everyone's back. It's minus 5 outside so we can't open the windows but those too slow to sit near the front (bit of a paradox) get cooked.

The subjects range from accounting to brand knowledge, employment contracts and mountain safety to corporate insurance, from food hygiene to IT. Sure it isn't rocket surgery but from about 9 am till 6, 7 8 or even 9.30 pm it's relentless and downright heavy going. The bunch are Ok, pretty much a mixed bag. Most of them eat, drink and smoke as much as possible which means I am one of the first to bed most nights (about midnight up at 7.30)- a little embarrassing but this isn't a sprint, it's a 5 month marathon to see who's standing in the Spring and who's given up. Plus I am past trying to impress anyone- least of all 24 year olds who want to eat, drink and smoke.

I have made every effort to get out and do some fitness, the alternative being to stay in all day and develop a fuzzy brain which compounds day after day. I went swimming this evening down the local leisure centre. It wasn't funny when I got chucked out of the pool for wearing shorts rather than trunks. I stretched my schoolboy French to rent (yes, rent) a pair, I then stretched my rental Speedos to the point they were almost but not quite transparent and ventured back into the pool. Somewhat self conscious by the lack of fabric about my personage I was forgetting this is France and no body cares about such things (except the life guard who chucked me out to start with)

More of the same till next Wednesday when I drive up to Tignes to see my 2 Chefs on their training. Maybe I'll get some photos together- maybe I won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home