chris willett

Friday, April 28, 2006

Today I bought a bush hat...................

Today I bought a bush hat, to wear in Borneo,
From M&S in stone washed green,
So the sweat stains shouldn't show.

It was that what made me wonder,
About the kit I went to buy,
Travel wear in natural shades,
With insect repellent dye.

Tools and gadgets and outdoor gear,
But nothing very large.
Everything converted
To excess baggage charge.

And as I began to clear the shelves
Of Chelmsford's finest stores,
My brain pictured me wearing it
on far flung distant shores.

Then I got to thinking
of how life used to be,
Of working shifts of diy and matrimony.
This new life is so different,
Where I travel, board and ski.
But which one is my future, which is right for me?

Now booking flights and renting cars is practically ingrained,
I ask myself how will it end or can it be sustained?
Is it serendipity, my destiny since birth,
Or will reality get a hold of me a pull be back to Earth?

Probably!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home